AKG D12 VR REFERENCE KICK DRUM MICROPHONE
Revisiting a classic.
The D12 VR is a large-diaphragm cardioid dynamic microphone. Designed specifically for kick-drum recording applications, the microphone has a thin diaphragm to enhance the low frequency performance. Its predecessors have been the industry standard in kick drum mics for decades. The D12 and subsequently the D12E and the D112 have been the choice of drummers and the live sound engineers who love them since 1950.
Without phantom power, the microphone delivers the pure character of the sound source. With phantom power enabled, one of three switchable active-filter presets can be used to quickly adapt the microphone response to suit the desired kick-drum sound. The filter setting can be controlled using a switch on the microphone body. In this mode the output level is also reduced by 10 dB automatically.
Check it out. The latest version of a classic. It has retained the attributes of the original but taken advantage of modern innovations. Vintage and modern have just met up, and they have done so in front of the kick drum head.
- Four different sound shapes
- Ultra thin diaphragm
- Optimized bass chamber
- Original C414 transformer
- Cardioid polar pattern
Order today for a truly great kick drum sound.
- Type: dynamic pressure gradient transducer
- Polar pattern: cardioid
- Frequency range: 17 - 17000 Hz (±2 dB)
- Sensitivity: 1,2 mV/Pa ± -58 dBV (at 1000 Hz passive)
- Max. SPL: 164 dB SPL (for 0,5 % THD)
- Impedance: <200 ohms (at 1000 Hz)
- Recommended load impedance: >1000 ohms
- Environment temperature range: -10 C - +70 C
- relative humidity at +20 C: 90 %
- Connector: three-pin male standard XLR
- Finish front grille: glossy galvanized nickel matte,
- rear grille: matte black paint
- Dimensions: 125 mm x 101 mm x 66 mm (4.9" x 3.9" x 2.6")
- Net weight: 500 g (1.1 lbs)